Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

After watching this movie, I asked my self the seemingly simple question: If I could erase memories that caused pain,would I do it? Honestly after watching the movie, I can't say I would. If your were to ask me this question before I watched this movie, I would have an infinitely long list of memories of pain that I would love to erase. I have come to the realization why the memories of pain are so important. Those memories of pain no matter how painful they are teach us a lesson, makes us stronger, and makes us wiser. The memories of pain provides us with the ability to judge what is pleasurable. Without darkness you are unable to appreciate light the same goes with pain and pleasure, without pain you are unable to appreciate pleasure. Reliving or reprogramming our experiences and thus our memory may not work as the movie clearly shows us- customers would come in and erase a memory many times but somehow,someway it always seem to happen the same way.

No comments: